Homework at Bygrove Primary School has been redesigned; it’s called ‘Family Learning’ & it follows a set of clear principles that we hold dear. We want it to:
- Be exciting & engaging, broad & balanced
- Widen the life experiences of our young people
- Be centred around the family
- Offer children the opportunity to go as far or as deeply as they choose
- Be celebrated & to cement positive relationships at home & at school
- Link to our wonderful curriculum
So how does Family Learning work? Well, it looks like this …
- It’s given out at the beginning of each term
- On it, there are a mixture of activities – some simple; some more ambitious, there are suggestions for trips & there’s talking tasks
- Children & families can choose which activities they would like to get stuck into & in what order
- It’s shared on our website & on the Google Classroom – or you could have a hard copy if you prefer
- There’s some maths & English to do on one side – they’re very important for everyone. And we make no apologies for the fact that reading is a non-negotiable – every day for at least 20 minutes!
- We celebrate children’s outcomes in assemblies & sometimes even on our website or on Twitter
And it’s as easy as that. What are you going to choose to have a go at today?